Monday, January 03, 2005

Christmas Vacation by the Numbers

Inspired by Sherry's moose post and the good people at Citibank, I thought I'd share the details of my winter respite.

456

Miles traveled to Grandma's house for Christmas.



4

The number of times my oldest son asked, "Are we there yet?"




41

The temperature outside while my father-in-law and I put Christmas lights on their house.




500

Number of lights we hung.




45

The miles per hour the wind was blowing outside Bakersfield on our way home. The dust storm reduced visibility to less that 100 feet.




2

The number of times my oldest boy threw up in the car on the way home.




35

The age I turned on December 29th.




6

Hours we spent cooking on New Year's Eve. I'm not sure which was better, the meatballs, the brociole or the pasta.




187

The number of students waiting for me when I got back to work.




Sixteen days off with my family, sleeping in, and drinking coffee on cold winter nights. . .priceless.

2 Comments:

At 1/04/2005, Blogger KMJ said...

What a fun post. (Well, except for the throw up part). Glad you had a great Christmas break. Welcome to 2005!

 
At 1/13/2005, Blogger Tenax said...

Happy birthday Mike. Enjoy your youth.

t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home