Thursday, August 12, 2004

Why I can't vote for George W. Bush

It is that time of year again. Don't fear my Republican friends, there is a little something for you too if you'll just read on.

It's my blog and I'll rant if I want to.

Reasons why I can't vote for George W. Bush (in no particular order of significance)

He took away overtime pay from 8,000,000 American workers.

For being so 'decisive' that he refuses to listen to others.

For squandering the international goodwill that belonged to America after 9/11.

Because he didn't finish the job in Afghanistan.

For apparently forgetting all the Spanish he spoke during campaign 2000.

For never talking about the 10,000 dead Iraqis because of Gulf War II.

For being so disinterested in the world that he doesn't even read the newspaper.

For ignoring reliable science and doing nothing about global warming.

For using 'moral clarity' as a divisive tool.

For taking this great nation into a war built on a premise that was an uninformed decision at best or at worst an outright lie.

For refusing to admit when he is wrong.

For using American power as a blunt instrument, rather than a persuasive tool.

For encouraging the Attorney General to sue the state of California for trying to raise fuel economy standards in the state, because he lacks the will to do so.

For using the congressional elections of 2002 as a tool to get enough votes to pass the use of force resolution in Iraq.

For passing widespread educational reform and then underfunding it.

For just last week saying that if he knew then what he knows now about Iraq he would have made the same decision.


Reasons why I don't want to vote for John Kerry

For his lack of moral clarity.

Because he can't admit that life begins at conception.

For not speaking clearly on positions he holds.

For voting against the 87 billion dollar defense supplemental for political reasons.

For being uninspiring.


I know this isn't supposed to be easy. Or maybe for you it is. I don't know. I do know that I wish Jesus would come back yesterday and make all this unnecessary. Peace to all

8 Comments:

At 8/12/2004, Blogger KMJ said...

Ooooh! I just saw the title and had to comment before I even read it. I am struggling with the issue of who to vote for ths year, for many reasons, but I am so not politically knowledgeable.

I have been wanting to hear what others (who I know are knowledgeable) are thinking and why. So, for me, thank you for sharing your thoughts. (And I may have questions.) Okay, I'll shut up and read now. :)

 
At 8/12/2004, Blogger KMJ said...

I agree, this is not going to be an easy year/easy choice for many, many people...and it shouldn't be easy. Important decisions, which will have inevitable lasting consequences, are worth tossing and turning over before being made. :)

 
At 8/12/2004, Blogger Montana Sherry C said...

I also am having a hard time with this election, but found this bumper-sticker hilarious,regardless of where my vote ends up:

"Re-Defeat George W. Bush"

 
At 8/12/2004, Blogger FunKiller said...

That is a good one Sherry.

 
At 8/13/2004, Blogger David Trigueros said...

Well said Michael, and I understand the desire to have Jesus return soon, but He is not absent from this, He is working through it all, He moves kings and nations and is working to bring this world to a knowledge of Him, to judge it, and most of all that it would change from its wicked ways and serve Him. I feel excited during this time, and this election seems very important for some reason. Come quickly Lord, then "every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that you are God."

 
At 8/13/2004, Blogger Dane said...

I had the same problem with the Canadian election. I didn' really want any of the candidates in. It sucked. But there is no perfect president or prime minister and it'll be hard to see how well someone will do until the end of their first term. The first four years are just a test run to see if they will succeed in their second chance.

 
At 8/15/2004, Blogger Tenax said...

I have to agree, Kerry is spooky and a bit unknown. What mostly bothers me is that he, with so many others, voted for the use of military force in Iraq (even if he didn't expect it to go the way it has).

But George Bush...I can't even use the words I want to use here. How will history judge this man? Invading Iraq was the worst move strategically he could have made; and yes he did ruin the post 9/11 support the world gave us. Many nations supported hunting down al-quaeda in Afganistan. How did that become Hussein in Iraq? The arguments I've heard to explain this are very weak. Fact is he was driven by cats like Wolfowitz who had wanted to invade Iraq, again, for ten years and saw a real chance. So the nationalistic fervor we all felt after 9/11 was squandered on an insignificant and costly (and still unfinished) goal. I just don't think the guy has the brains to run a country. But I'm deeply against him.

Will Kerry be better? Hard to say now. Spooky echoes of Johnson coming in as the 'peace president.'

t

 
At 8/20/2004, Blogger Timmy said...

Well said.
I'm not a huge fan of either Bush or Kerry, and this election is polarizing the nation. Unfortunately there's really no candidate for true moderates.
http://getslaughtered.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home