Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Gainful Employment

Well, it has taken five years and about $20,000, but my wife has completed school and has now been hired as a full time art teacher.

You would not believe how excited she is. This incredible woman has not only had to deal with fibromyalgia but gone back to school to get a second bachelors degree and a teaching credential. Oh yeah, she maintained a 4.0 GPA the entire time and gave birth to a another child during this time!

Finally, a whole group of high school students will have the world of art opened up to them like they could never have imagined.

The best part, she got hired at the school I teach at. How cool is that? We won't see each other constantly because we will be on opposite ends of the campus, but we'll see enough of each to make my days a whole lot better.

The bad news, at least for me? In some ways, my wife is a better teacher than I am. I better step up.

Be well all.

7 Comments:

At 8/11/2005, Blogger KMJ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Mrs. Funkiller, I am SO proud of you. You are amazing and dedicated and...wow! Blessings on your head.

 
At 8/11/2005, Blogger ironsulfide said...

HIP HIP HURRAY! That is great news, FK Clan!

 
At 8/11/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not on the point, but your profile photo is just sooo adorable...

 
At 8/12/2005, Blogger Montana Sherry C said...

Good for you, Mrs. F.! Hey any chance we can see you guys while we are in town? We will be around for most of the rest of the month. You can e-mail me at (my first name) @ (our last name) chairs . com.

 
At 8/12/2005, Blogger Tenax said...

Dude,

how cool is that! At my own alma mater. Someday when I'm down you must take me on a tour of the old place. I haven't set foot on the campus in 20 years.

And true congrats to your wife on getting hired.

t

 
At 8/12/2005, Blogger scooter said...

First of all, what the HECK is the deal with the ceiling fan post? I got one one my blog that had a lame little rhyme set to the tune of "Heigh Ho" about computer programming, then it referred me to a site about, get this, cheesecake recipes. Is this some sort of weird blog virus going around?

At any rate, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The dual income will be quite a blessing, I'm sure. And being able to carpool and such will probably cut down on a lot of logistical problems.

Plus, with *both* of you with classroom experience, it'll double your chances of getting gainful employment should you decide to relocate, say, northward about 1,000 miles. (Incidentally, my daughters will need outstanding teachers at their high school, due to open for the 2007 school year...)

 
At 8/15/2005, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Congratulations to your wife! I loved my high school art teacher - she was the best (even though I was awful at art). :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home