Monday, May 29, 2006

In Their Honor


I took my oldest boy to a Memorial Day service this morning.

We talked about what the day means and why it was important to remember and honor those who have died serving our armed forces.

I hope he got it.

Anyway, being surrounded by the ceremony and colors of service, it reminded me of my trip to Arlington National Cemetary when I was in Washington D.C. two weeks ago. This is the most memorable picture I took that day. It seems appropriateon this occassion.

The procession was heading toward the newest area of the cemetary.

Where the bury the dead from the Iraq War.

Nothing on CNN could be more compelling and powerful. My students were absolutely speechless as we watched it go by.

Pray for the families of our armed forces.

Peace to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home