Sunday, January 08, 2006

What I've Learned

Maybe it is because I'm feeling good today, or maybe it is because I turned 36 eleven days ago. But I began reflecting on life and wisdom in general today. When I was 15, I honestly thought I would have been dead by now, but gladly that prophecy turned out to be false. It got me thinking about who I am, what I am and what life has taught me thus far.

So, here is a short list of things I ve learned about myself and or life so far. The list is brief, for alas, I still have so much to learn.


I am the chief of sinners, more in need of Jesus with every passing hour.

Loving my wife comes as naturally as breathing.

Being a parent is the hardest thing I've ever undertaken.

A good friend is worth their weight in gold, diamonds and anything else that is precious.

There are some things in life that just are not worth worrying about.

I'm a work-aholic.

You can't go back and change a lousy childhood, but you can make the children in your life happy and loved.

The sting of losing someone in death does not go away with time.

I'm addicted to coffee.

I would not want to live in a world without books or music.

I'm a sucker for Christmas lights. They just make me smile.

I hate L.A.

Busy people aren't more important, they are just busy.

Things may not always look better in the morning. But be thankful that you woke up.

The sound of my boys laughing is the best remedy for a bad day.

How you spend your time defines who you are.

I'm doing exactly what I should be doing with my life.





May God grant me the years to grow in wisdom and knowledge.

Be well.

3 Comments:

At 1/09/2006, Blogger KMJ said...

Wonderful, simple and profound (all in one!)

 
At 1/10/2006, Blogger Tenax said...

Loving your wife comes as naturally as breathing. What a blessing you have in your life.

t

 
At 1/29/2006, Blogger scooter said...

With such wisdom at 36, barring the Lord's return, you should have some helluva intense things to say at 72. I'm so blessed by your friendship, Mike. Can't wait for you and yours to make it to our corner of the country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home