Friday, January 13, 2006

Walking Down The Aisle and The Years

I keep in touch via email with a small number of my students once they have graduated. I recently received an email from a female student of mine who graduated several years ago.

She was letting me know that she just got engaged and how happy she was. I returned the message with sincere congratulations and good wishes. But as I typed, I could not help but think she seemed a little young to be getting married.

Then I did the math.

She was sixteen when she was my student. That was seven years ago.

Oh my.

I'm officially old enough to have former students getting married. I'm approaching fossildom at lightning speed.

1 Comments:

At 2/08/2006, Blogger Sheila said...

Yeah, but I have you all beat. When I showed up to the first day of my daughter's kindergarten, another MOM recognized me as her math teacher. Sad thing is, she's not a teenage mom. She had her son when she was 20 or 21. And now we have kids the same age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home