Friday, February 04, 2005

The Wonder That is Woman

I have always held a deep and abiding respect for the female of the species. But today I just kind of took a step back and really looked at my wife and really women as a whole and was in awe.

I don't know what triggered it, but it was cool.

My wife started student teaching this week. Working for free basically. She lesson plans and teaches like a ten year veteran. She is a natural by the way.

She gets the kids off to school in the morning because I'm out the door by 5:30 a.m. She works hard all day and then comes home to be the greatest mom and wife on the planet.

She puts me in my place whenever necessary. Sadly, this is often.

And she manges to do all this while being in pain everyday of her life.

Just to see the absolute wonder of how she moves through a day is astounding to me. She is but one of billions of women on the planet who do this and sometimes more everyday, in worse conditions. The instincts of a mother, the ability of a woman to multitask and solve problems before they ever even happen leaves me speechless.

Since becomming a father, I am more convinced than ever that if women rose up one day and took over the world it would not surprise me. It would probably be a better place.

I married up. Blessing and peace to all.


2 Comments:

At 2/09/2005, Blogger Montana Sherry C said...

Warms my heart. Thanks, Michael. My love to Superwoman.

 
At 2/10/2005, Blogger scooter said...

I love how you said you "married up." That's beautiful, man, just beautiful. What a blessing you are to each other.

Come to think of it, I married up, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home