Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks

As I contemplate yet another dinner roll, here is a short list of just some of the things I am thankful for.

The transforming grace of God and the salvation that can be found in Christ alone

My beautiful, talented, strong wife and best friend

The two little men in my life that constantly challenge my resolve and teach me new things about myself frequently

Surviving that drug overdose in 1988

A job that is both a career and a ministry

An extended family of in-laws that I look forward to spending time with

Friends

Books

Music

My students. 1,496 and counting.



Oh yeah and Doritos, Rice-aRoni, beer, coffee, ice cream and Mexican food in general.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 Comments:

At 11/26/2005, Blogger Tenax said...

This is very nice; a job which is career and ministry, and a student head count...good for you.

Mexican food in general, I agree.

And I'm glad, also, you survived the overdose.

t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home