Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Best of a Decade?

So, my eight year old was scrolling through my iPod today and noticed one of my playlists was titled 'Essentially 80s'. Once I defined our terms, he asked about music when I was a kid and we talked for a while. His reaction made me think of Scott's recent post with his oldest.

Anyway, being the good little absolutist that he is, he eventually asked what the best song of the 1980's was. I initially looked at him in dismay, not knowing how to respond. I guess I really had not thought about a best song of the decade in which so much of my life was formed. I'm not even sure it is possible. It got me thinking though.

This is where you come in. Given my vast readership(he laughs), I thought I would pose my progeny's query to you. In your humble opinion, what is the best song of the 1980's?

Don't worry, if you can't pick one, give me a few.

Thanks for playing. Peace.

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2005, Blogger KMJ said...

*Jump, by Van Halen (rock)

*Walk this Way, by RunDMC & Aerosmith (rap & rock)

*TV Party, by Black Flag (pop punk)

*Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, by Wham (pop)

*Jack & Diane, by John Cougar Mellancamp

*Don't Stop Believin', by Journey

*True, by Spandau Ballet (slow dance mantra)

*Thriller, by Michael Jackson (I HATE that Mr. Creepy would actually epitomize any decade, but I have to say...the 80's probably belong to him more than any other single artist -- unless it's Madonna)

Okay, there's a few (and I left out the super pop/new wave stuff that I loved by don't think you were probably too into like Kajagoogoo, Duran Duran, Blancmange, etc. :)

 
At 11/16/2005, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

killing an arab - the cure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home