Friday, March 11, 2005

Just One Of Those Moments

So yesterday I am going over a new essay assignment that I gave my students. Basically it is a comparison/contrast piece where students write about the differences and similarities between Communism and Nazism in the 1930's-1940's.

After explaining the assignment I am assaulted with the usual complaints, questions about font size, due date and various queries that try my patience. At the very moment that I feel that the assignment and I are both losers one of my students ask:

Mr. Marano, why are we comparing an economic system with a political system?

And suddenly, everything is alright again. I truly love my job.

Peace and good health to all.

1 Comments:

At 3/12/2005, Blogger Tenax said...

those moments in teaching do make it all worth while.

t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home