Monday, September 05, 2005

It's All Over But the Crying

I've emptied and stored the kids pool I set up before July 4th.

I've used the last bag of charcoal briquettes.

The Aim n' Flame I bought in June has finally been spent of its fuel.

The lawn chairs have been stored in their appropriate place.

The ice cream truck that rambles through our neighborhood now makes its rounds less often.


It is Labor Day weekend. The end of summer.

Tomorrow I go back to work and the day after that, I greet my students.

It is all over but the crying.


Though the summer has been productive, I already miss it.

I finished painting the hallway I started two years ago.

I fixed the sink in the bathroom, cleared our side yard, cleaned the garage, planted a tree and built an arbor.

In the past three months my oldest boy passed the next level of swim class which means he can now go boogie boarding with me. The baby has added over a dozen words to his vocabulary and my wife has realized her dream of becoming a classroom teacher.

The next ten months will pass in a flurry of meetings, lesson plans, tests, parent conferences and more meetings.

Summer, I shall miss thee.


Be well all.

2 Comments:

At 9/06/2005, Blogger KMJ said...

Mmmm, I love the fall. Goodbye summer! Welcome change of seasons, colorful leaves, crisp nights, and chill mornings - and for you in So. California - the Santa Ana winds. (I really miss those). Blessings and peace for your first weeks of school/work. :)

 
At 9/10/2005, Blogger scooter said...

So, uh, funkiller's supporting dating services now? Just kidding, I got my own spam comment a couple weeks ago. Bastards!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home